Skip to main content

Sadness and Happiness go Hand in Hand

"In one sense there is no death. The life of a soul on earth lasts beyond departure. You will always feel that life touching yours, that voice speaking to you. He/She lives on in your life and in the lives of all others that knew him/her."
     - Angelo Patri



     Visiting with mom and dad yesterday.  I ran over to the DMV for mom to pick up her tags for her car.  I was pleasantly surprised they didn't hassle me about it and that it only took about 15 minutes.  Longmont still has many 'small town' qualities about it that I miss.

     Dad is having more dizzy spells with are more severe and lasting longer.  He dropped a glass of water that I managed to catch.  He passed out several times during lunch as well.  

     Taylor called while mom was making lunch and she and I chatted for a while and then she talked with dad - who of course made out like 'except for the dizzy spells' he's fine.  Taylor talked with my mom and then I talked with her again and asked if I could call her later.

   I wanted her to know that grampy is not doing well at all and is getting worse by the day.  She said she kind of figured that out.

     I guess the one blessing of dad's imminent passing is that Taylor and I resolved a long standing feud.  Although it is a tremendous weight off of my shoulders my heart is still so heavy.

    I can't stop crying today.  The pills are not helping at all. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PARIAH

I dreamt about Hayley last night.  I remember that she had stolen from a hotel and we were kicked out of room 1025.  I don't know what she stole.  I don't know what hotel it was.  I remember crying to a man that I felt like a pariah. Pariah. I feel like a pariah because my daughter is a heroin addict I feel like a pariah because I chose not to raise my granddaughter I feel like a pariah because I've never met my granddaughter I feel like a pariah because I cannot love my daughter enough to fix her I knew she was going to be in trouble long before she understood what drugs were. Long before I understood what an addict was.  She had sneaked out of the house, a ground floor apartment, by removing the screen to her window and crawling out into the darkness.  She may have been 10 years old.  By the time she was in 9th grade high school I knew she was doomed. I play the "would have, should have, could have" game all of the time.  I would have waited to by

Thoughts

For some reason I've been thinking about people from my past lately. I'm sure it's a rather melancholy thing we are all want to do from time to time. I was doing a bit of 'stalking' on my space, just to see what a former friends former boyfriend was up to. Jodi sort of went off the deep end in about 2003, left her husband of nearly 20 years, hooked up with an old high school flame. The got together, broke up, got together, broke up, etc, until she finally turned up pregnant at the age of about 40 ish something. OUCH. Well, she stopped speaking to me and I guess I wonder what she's up to. I wonder a lot about Simon, too. The way he just 'disappeared' still bothers me. But, in being realistic, had he not just vanished, I wouldn't be where I am today. So, I guess I should thank him, not just for leaving, but for the years we spent together. I know that it was all just a journey, incredible at times, but a journey to lead me to where I am now.

6 Months of Doctor's

Ok, so sounds like Hayley now has either bronchitis or pnuemonia.............along with her Mono. Dad is taking her to the doctor this afternoon so we should know something by dinner time. So, after the gall bladder/appendix in September, the portal vein thrombosis in October, the shots, the doctor visits, back to the hospital in December, thought we were getting better in January, got the Mono in February, and now maybe Bronchitis in March.........holy smokes. Wonder if she's even going to make it through 8th grade? Wonder.